The paper on General Studies will include questions on the following topics:
1. General Science
2. History of India.
3. Indian National Movement.
4. Indian polity Economy and Culture.
5. Indian Agriculture, Commerce and Trade.
6. Population, Environment and Urbanisation in Indian Context.
7. World Geography and Geography of India and its natural resources.
8. Current events of National and international importance.
9. General Mental Ability.
10. Special knowledge about Education, Culture, Agriculture, Industry, Trade, the method of living and social customs of Uttar Pradesh. 11. Science & Technology. 12. Sports.
General Science will cover questions on general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
History: Emphasis should be on broad understanding of social, economic and political aspects of Indian history.
The Indian National Movement: The candidates are expected to have synoptic view of the nature and character of the freedom movement , growth of nationalism and attainment of independence.
Indian Polity, Economy and Culture: Questions from this section will test knowledge of country's political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of economic policy in India and Indian Culture. The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanisation.
World Geography: only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India.
Current Events of National and International importance: candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
General Mental Ability: questions will test comprehension, reasoning and numerical ability.
Candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.